Wednesday, March 7, 2012

XBox 360, PS3 or Wii?

I used to be an avid gamer and bought every game console as soon as it was released, but now I'm a mom and money is tight so I mostly do PC gaming, but now I have a little fun money and I'd like to get a console. My kids are 2, 3 and 5, so they won't be using it, maybe the 5 year old will a littie, I enjoy action/adventure RPGs, puzzle games and the occasional FPS. My recent fav PC games have been Portal 2, Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 2. My husband likes similar games and co-op, he would add Left 4 Dead 2, Crysis 2 and Brink to the list (eesh, lots of 2's lol.) and we're both interested in motion cap games, but here's the kicker, my husband was born with one hand so controller design is important and games requiring two wands or nunchuk would be out of the question. He has no problems using a Playstation or XBox style controller though L1 and L2 buttons are tough because it's the left hand he's missing.



So with all that info which system do you think would be the best for my family?XBox 360, PS3 or Wii?
Personally i would go with Xbox360. Because for one they are a little less expensive and with the games it sounds like you play I will assume that you would not be using Xbox live. Now with your husbands hand disability i personally (hate to say it but) I think it would work better to go with a PS3 because their controllers are more compact and the left joystick is really close to the right so it may not be too hard for him. I would not get a wii because most games require a nunchuck or to flip the controller sideways (making it very long) so it would be difficult for your husband to play most game. There really is not that big a difference between PS3 and Xbox360 but there will be an eternal dispute between which is better. I know you need to pay fore live but you get DLC earlier from activision. I would go with a PS3 in your situation though. Also great game choices!!! Mass Effect 3 this December!!!!!
You could go with the kinect, which has no controller. Otherwise, I think he's out of luck, since all three systems involve character movement on the left side of the controller, or with the nun-chuck. Course, maybe he can play with one hand, I honestly don't know.



You could try the Fallout series or Baulder's Gate, they're rpg's, able to be played in first person or third person. Fallout uses guns, baulders gate goes with melee weapons and spells.XBox 360, PS3 or Wii?
Last time I checked none of those games or on the Wii... I'd recommend the PS3 for online play and Mass Effect 2 though. Also all of those games are on the PS3. (except L4D2)
most multi-plats are the same, even if there are tiny differences they are hardly visible. Its all down to which exclusive game you like the look of the most.XBox 360, PS3 or Wii?
Definitely go with Xbox 360. Get Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

No comments:

Post a Comment