Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Will dragon age 2 run on my computers specs?

I feel like a noob asking this, but ah well.

My graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce 9800

and my processor is a AMD Phenom(tm) 9500 Quad-Core Processor

Now heres the thing, my computer mostly meets the RECOMENDED requirements for DA2 (My cpu speed is down by about .6 GHZ) So it should run smoothly however dragon age origins has some problems with my computer. It tends to lag after more then 20 minutes of play time and sometimes to point of really making it suck, i dont know if the fact i pirated it has anything to do with it (Its justified piracy i think, i got the xbox version and it sucked compared to the PC) so what do you think, should my computer be able to run this game smoothly?Will dragon age 2 run on my computers specs?
Firstly, piracy is never justified, but I'm not here to lecture you about this.

Secondly, your graphic card is over-the-top. You won't have to worry about it.
As for your cpu speed, it's rather low -- 0.6 GHz is a lot. What you describe is known as memory leak, when a program is opened too long, it will cause lag. There are no solutions to this, besides closing everything else (since you only hit the recommended requirements for DA2) or restarting the game every 20 min (not a bad idea either, just very troublesome).

Lastly, if the above idea doesn't appeal to you, you can always turn off all the effects and set the settings to the lowest, then try playing again.Will dragon age 2 run on my computers specs?
I would say yes, Specs seem very reasonable and also download Reginout to improve performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment